Modern restorative dentistry has made great strides in tooth replacement options, emphasizing the important role that a healthy, functional smile plays in daily quality of life.
Annapolis area dentists Dr. Scott Finlay and Dr. Chris Anderson have extensive experience in the restoration of dental implants and recommend them when appropriate to patients who have lost one or more of their natural teeth. Dr. Finlay will coordinate all phases of care for patients to ensure results are consistent and lasting.
There are many reasons why dental implants have become the “gold standard” for tooth replacement and Dr. Finlay takes the time to educate each patient on how they may benefit their long term dental health once it has been determined through examination that they are a candidate for this treatment.
Benefits of Dental Implants
- Reduce bone loss in the jaw: dental implants help to retain bone by mimicking the natural tooth root
- Natural appearance and function: with dental implants, patients can enjoy a varied, healthy diet
- No need for daily maintenance: dental implants are permanent and secure- no adhesives!
- Normal speech: without the worry of a slipping appliance, patients can speak normally
- High satisfaction rate: current patients have enjoyed an over 95% satisfaction rate with dental implants.
Left untreated, missing teeth will eventually lead to additional, often complex dental problems. Bone loss allows the jaw to shrink, lending a more aged appearance, and remaining teeth will shift to accommodate for the space left behind. This can lead to an imbalanced bite that can cause tooth damage, TMJ and other disorders.
Dr. Finlay recommends addressing lost teeth right away to ensure that there are a variety of choices for replacement and that results will be optimal. If you need to discuss a lost tooth, or teeth, schedule a consultation with Dr. Finlay or Dr. Anderson in their Annapolis area dentist office and restore your smile!