A White Wedding Isn’t Complete Without a White Smile
Annapolis, Maryland -Today’s brides want everything to be perfect on their wedding day – the weather, the dress, the party and now, their smile. According to a nationwide study conducted by the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (AACD), 96% of adults believe an attractive smile makes a person more appealing to members of the opposite sex. If you are one of the thousands of people who is considering enhancing your smile, why not do it before that walk down the aisle?
When scheduling a smile consultation with an AACD member cosmetic dentist a bride-to-be should consider these guidelines:
• Expect the dentist to recommend a comprehensive examination before any treatment begins. The dentist should be able to assess all aspects of your dental health, such as gum disease, tooth decay, overall oral function and the potential longevity of the completed cosmetic treatment.
• Be sure to find a dentist who will listen to your needs. Many dentists offer consultations, which allow you to discuss your needs one-on-one. Be prepared to discuss how you feel about your smile and what changes you would like to make to achieve a desired outcome.
• Ask to see the dentist’s before and after photographs of actual patients.
• Ask the dentist how they keep up-to-date with new techniques and technology, and make sure they are an active member of the AACD.
• Be sure to find a dentist that matches your personality.
About the AACD
Comprised of over 8,000 cosmetic dental professional in 70 countries around the globe, the AACD is the world’s largest non-profit membership organization dedicated to advancing excellence in cosmetic dentistry (comprehensive oral care that combines art and science to optimally improve dental health, aesthetics and function). The AACD fulfills its mission by offers superior educational opportunities; promoting and supporting a respected Accreditation credential; serving as a user-friendly and inviting forum for the creative exchange of knowledge and ideas; and providing accurate and useful information to the public and the profession. To learn more about cosmetic dentistry visit www.aacd.com or call (800) 543-9220.
Dr. Scott Finlay is an accredited member dentist with the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry and practices in Arnold, Maryland. Information about Dr. Finlay and his practice can be found at www.AnnapolisSmiles.com.